Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 1: Small step for man

Research:
Been processing ERS, ALOS and ASAR interferometry this week and creating derivative products. Updated the existing DEM of RĂ©union with a more up-to-date one to assist in correct geocoding of radar imagery (which necessitated redoing a lot of the inteferometry). Studied the concept of interferometric coherence (still some stuff I don't understand, but getting there).

Writing:
Not much, having only decided yesterday that the time for writing is NOW and not "later". So (embarassingly) belatedly, I have written the first sentence of my PhD today - as in sentence 1, chapter 1. After much deliberation about where one should actually start a PhD (some are of the opinion that chapter one is the last thing you write) I have decided that I need chapter 1 finished and done as soon as possible - if only for my own sanity. And, as always, the "Do it badly, but do it" rule will apply. In fact, I will need to tell myself to "Do it really, really badly, but do it", otherwise I won't ever get anywhere... Damn perfectionism!

No comments:

Post a Comment