Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 6: Gully hunting

Research:
Finally received the camera calibration reports from CDSM, so the process of orthorectifying historical aerial photography of the Eastern Cape commenced. Had a productive meeting with my supervisor, and he did me the favour of setting 14 October as the final deadline for my PhD analysis. After that it is full-time writing all the way. Spent the rest of the week orthorectifying. The bitch is that even a decent orthorectification in Erdas always has a few meters of RMS error, so some spline rubbersheeting is necessary to fit the areas of interest to exactly the right spot. Takes loooong and is booooring.

Writing:
No writing again this week. Think I will just use all my time to process imagery until 14 October, and then get to writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment