Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 7: Chasing cars

Research:
Finished the orthorectification of 1953 aerial photos in the three key areas defined in South Africa for the mapping of gully extension. Having done that, I realized that I had no real plan as to do with them - much like a dog having finally caught the car he was chasing. Experimented with ways to extract gully characteristics stereographically. Weekly meeting with supervisor was good, but more focussed on external data sources etc. Performed some validation of the 2008 DEM I constructed using stereophotogrammetry by comparing it to a LIDAR campaign, and the results are encouraging (except of course that it took the LIDAR a few seconds to do what took me a month). Anywaaay.....

Writing:
Still postponed until next week, when the last of my analyses will be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment