Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 10: Wrap it up

Research:
Refined the shadow altimetry to work even when using oblique photos. Performed a multiple-scale DEM subtraction on my stereo DEM's to view the effect of resolution on volume calculations. Re-tested the accuracy of my 2006 and 2008 DEM's (correctly this time), and was delighted to find that the accuracy was even better that I thought - very nice. And that, as they say, is that! :-) The end of my analyses. Woohoo!

Writing:
Spent some time building a workable structure for the thesis - something that would flow logically while presenting the research in a scientifically sound way (thanks to Nicolas for suggesting the split into 3 parts, makes much more sense that way). Wasted a little time on this, for fear of the unkown that lies beyond :-)

At this point there are seven weeks left for me on RĂ©union, and I aim to write as much as possible of the actual science while I am here. I will have a month and a half in South Africa in which I can edit and refine and rewrite everything to make it flow, but it is imperative that I get as much as possible on paper before then. Wish me luck. Two-Ten has dwindled to One-Forty Two (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment